Weddings & Banns
We don’t have many weddings at All Saints with St Frideswyde but we are always very happy to marry a couple – the Church of England criteria for marrying in our church are given below. We are often asked about Banns of Marriage where couples are marrying elsewhere. Please contact either the vicar Kath or Paul at the church office to arrange to come in and complete an application form. The banns need to be read out in church on three consecutive Sunday mornings within three months of the marriage.
Weddings – please see YourChurchWedding.org on the Church of England website for weddings ideas and fees levels.
The criteria for wedding in a parish church are as follows:
- One of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation in our parish;
- One of you has ever lived in our parish for six months or more;
- One of you has at any time regularly attended public worship in our parish for six months or more;
- One of your parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in your lifetime;
- One of your parents has regularly attended public worship here for six months or more during your lifetime;
- Your parents or grandparents were married in the parish